This page contains plans for future releases of Hardware Tycoon. They are very much subject to change.
Planned beta release: Q3 of 2022 (a very rough estimate)
- CPU Architectures
- Ability to sell multiple CPUs at the same time
- Extending the gameplay until at least Y2015
- Giving the alternative campaign some love and general backend changes to campaigns to later allow for modding
- Integration with Hardware Tycoon website's accounts
- Industry milestones giving benefits (e.g. sale & popularity boost)
- Making competitors' CPUs subject to the same rules as the player's when reviewed (yeah :|)
- Mod support in browser releases?
- LGA Packages
- Fixing whatever 0.2.12 broke
- Tweaking the role and ways of gaining popularity?
- Making max. bank loan depend on company's capital/overall performance
- Unifying the UI a little (e.g. out of place tabs in Bank)
- Better sliders (especially the R&D budget one)
- Unifying colors and making theme colors work for every UI element
- Industry Milestones icons
- Sorting industry milestones by date too
- Fixing lesser visual bugs
- High popularity giving a starting hype boost to all products/marketing campaigns?
- Lots of code refactoring
- Tooltips scaling based on their content
- Many many more smaller things that I'll bump into later...
Everything beyond 0.3 is a big question mark for the moment.
Let's all happily live until 0.3 first...
- Balancing version 0.3 (the nightmare)
- Making perfect 100s harder to achieve
- CPU Details window (to view and compare your and competitors' CPUs)
- Nicer high score screen
- Better preset colors in the color picker
- More competitors' CPU Descriptions
- More to come...
- Tweaks and smaller features (such as events, release planning, seasonal sale boosts, research queuing, etc.)
- Better and more save slots
- More company logo customization options
- More game settings
- Fabs & manufacturing along with manufacturing technology, manufacturing research, asset valuation
- Employees & teams, real estate (upgrading offices)